VASA Lodge 691What's New
1. See and facebook group VASA TUCSON 691
2. Claudette is working on a wonderful online VASA 691 newsletter. Look for your email from her early June.
3. The "Captains Luncheon' at the Polish Cottage will take place October 4, 2020 (Sunday 12 Noon). Guests with reservations will be mailed confirmations in September.
4. The Tucson VASA 691 Swedish Dancers and VASA 691 board meetings will resume in August (exact dates TBD).
5. Midsommar Fest (our beloved event at Mt Lemmon) has not yet been scheduled.
6. The District 21 Convention (previously April in Phoenix) was postponed to 2022. The Grand Master requests District 21 Officers remain in their current positions until that time.
The Grand Lodge and VASA Archives Officers had planned to attend in April (including visitors from Sweden). Part of our VASA dues supports the archival work at the VASA National Archives at Bishop Hill, IL.
Also see our Facebook page. VASA Tucson 691
If you have not already done so, I encourage you to scan all the pages in the blog
Visit the Swedish ship the Vasa that capsized and sank in the Stockholm harbor on its maiden voyage in 1628. The nearly intact mighty war ship spent 333 years on the sea bed and was salvaged in 1961. Today Vasa is the world's best preserved 17th century ship and the most visited museum in Scandinavia.